Biyernes, Enero 10, 2014

First Blog Entry: Essay 2 - TMW: Oink Oink to Office by Don Salubayba



Last December 12, 2013, we went to Pamanang Bedista as instructed by our professor to look or search or find some artwork that will give us a struck or something meaningful. As I walked through the room, there I found this painting called TMW: Oink Oink to Office by Don Salubayba.







The Painting for me at my first glance gives me a meaning already even though it looks like unfinished to me the expression or the painter's message went through me very well.

First the title, I dont know why did he put TMW and the meaning of it. but i think it means "TiMaWa", as far as I think :P 

Second the Pig that is personalized as a human being going to work. for me the painter is telling us that the BIG MEN or the Wealthy persons are the most dirty people, the painting looks very dirty as what PIGS are.

Third, at our current status, the PORK BARREL ISSUE really relates to this painting very well even though he painted it 4 years ago, I think that this painter really thought that those BIG MEN now are the DIRTY PIGS who gives suffering to SMALL PEOPLE or the poor beings. 


Sources:

Pamanang Bedista

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento